Thursday, September 25, 2008

Paperwork Passed & Shopping!

All the families had to hang out in our rooms this morning just incase we were needed if something was wrong with our paperwork. Maggie, our guide, just called (11:30 am) and said everything was perfect and our papers passed! Yeah!

Did I mention that our hotel has 45 floors? We are on the 32nd floor and our ears pop going down to the 1st floor! The breakfast buffet is on the revolving top floor -kinda like the top of the Hilton in Phoenix or the Space Needle in Seattle! It's a spectacular view of Guangzhou that seems to go for miles. Our room has two bathrooms, a master bedroom and a large living room where all the kids sleep. It is so nice having two bathrooms with 5 people!!

We went to Shamian Island today to do some shopping. We were only given 2 1/2 hours, which was not enough time to walk around and see the island. All we did was barter for souvenirs! I think we're going to brave it and take a cab there Saturday to explore more. The rest of our group leaves for home Friday or Saturday. I think we're the only ones staying until Sunday. We have thoroughly enjoyed our time here in China and I will try really hard not to cry when we say goodbye!!

Kaitlyn (who we call ,"Dang Ying Kaitlyn", until we can drop the Dang Ying after awhile) had a really good day! Only a couple small episodes, which she got over fairly quickly. Thank you all so much for your continued prayers!

Okay, I have got to tell you about our dining experience tonight! We ate at the famous "Banana Leaf Resturant". It came complete with delicious food (we wished there was more!) and hilarious entertainment. I took pictures and video from my camera and I'm going to attempt to load the video of Austin and Kailey dancing with the dancers. It was too funny to watch! Austin's new friend, Austin (15) and our Austin were the constant tease by the "colorful" dancing staff there. It was quite the experience! We had a fabulous time! The pictures and video say it all!

3 comments:

drea said...

That is so funny. I love the video!! I thought you guys were on the island, where about are you?
Just so you know, I cried and cried when it was time to leave, so it won't be easy to hold it in. I don't think it is hard to leave the place where your child is from, knowing that you may never return again.There is a piece of your heart there, I think it will always remain. Your life is changed forever. I think often of China and pray for the people. I loved the culture and I know that is where my little C's~ roots are from.I also miss the experience even after all chaos, you still miss the experience.
However, we are constantly provided with new experiences. So praise God for that.
I know that I have said it before, but I love your updates and I am blessed to be on the journey with you guys. I can't wait to see you when you get home.
Love you lots,

drea said...

correction:
I did'nt mean to say I don't think it's hard, I meant to say I don't think it's easy to leave the place where your child is from.

Anonymous said...

kaitlyn is so cute. I loved the picture where she was kissing her dad. China must have been a blast. everyday i went on the computer to see what you posted. i think it would be kind of scary crossing the streets though. yikes. i hope you guys have a fantastic flight back home.