Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Gotcha Day!!

The day was filled with high emotions as we waited patiently for 3:00 pm to roll around! We tried to keep busy up until then. We went to the store with our guide and bought two electronic translators! Then at 2:30 we gathered as a family and prayed for Kaitlyn that she would have a smooth tranistion and the 1st round of paperwork would go smooth.



We eagerly waited outside the room where we were to meet. It was all I could do not to cry! Then we were asked to come in the room with the other family we're with. Their baby was waiting in the room with them and they assured us Kaitlyn was coming soon. In less than 3 minutes she walked out of a room across the hall and we all made eye contact. Instantly I welled up in tears! She is so beautiful and very smiley! The guides told her I wanted to hug her and she came to me right away and gave me a long hug... I lost it! I told the translator to tell Kaitlyn I wasn't sad, I'm just so happy to finally meet her and have her as our daughter. She smiled when they said that. She immediately took out our photo album we sent her and started to go through each picture one by one with me saying, "Ma Ma, Ba Ba, Ge Ge (brother), Giejie (sister) then she skipped to Carly and asked something in Chinese and did the same with Hannah. I said, "Your cousins" They translated that for me and she smiled. We took a ton of pictures (Karen, you will be so proud of me!) I can't seem to load photobucket right now, so I will include several still shot photos.



After we signed about 12 documents and added some information, we went up to our room. She wanted to hold my hand and Austin's. It was so touching! When we got to the room, she was all over the place investigating everything! She even pulled some of my panties out of my suitcase and said something and smiled. I showed her a pair of hers and guestured those were mine and these were hers! LOL! She wanted her nails polished and her hair in ponytails. She listened to Kailey's ipod and watched a couple minutes of Nemo. She seems very, very happy and fascinated by everything... even her light up toothbrush we bought her!



We later went to dinner and she pointed at everything she wanted to eat at the buffet. She has a little sore throat, so some of it was difficult for her to eat. She started to look tired and I used the electronic translator (a must have!) to talk to her. I told her I was sorry she had a sore throat and I wished I could make her feel better. She didn't like the Halls sore throat medicine we brought... a little too "spicey."



Once we came back up to our room, I asked her if she was tired. I showed her the PJ's and she excitedly put them on... she is so cute! We just love her! She fits like a glove in our family already! Rosa our guide in Beijing called to see how things were going. She spoke to Kaitlyn on the phone and then she insisted I give her a shower. It was the funniest thing! She's not shy, that's for sure! She keeps coming to me wanting me to lay down next to her. I'm explaining I'm writing a story about her and how much we love her and are so happy she is our daughter. That made her feel very happy... now she has discovered the Top Ramen and wants some. Ge Ge (Austin) is making some for her... now she has found Kailey's book and seems like she wants to be read to... this is too funny! She's eating the Top Ramen and gave the thumbs up! Communication has been a little challenging, but we're figuring out most things.



I'll stop talking now and load the picture I know you are all dying to see! We love all of you and appreciate your prayers. God is soooo good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is soooo cute! We are so happy for you guys! We love seeing the pictures! It is great to see your family complete and together! We miss you very much and can't wait to see you and your family!

Love your Third Grade Class!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!

Christie Darago said...

My eyes are filled with tears as I read this. I am so happy for you all and can't wait to meet her. You are so blessed!

Coral Christine said...

She is so cute!!!!! It makes me want to cry!
I am praying for you guys and i cant wait to she her!!
I will see you guys at the airport love you lots!!

All 4 Christ Coral
P.s. I love you Kaitlyn