Friday, September 19, 2008

Day At The Museum

For my 3rd grade class: Some of the food is WAY more spicy here. Think of the hottest food you or your parents have ever eaten and times that by 100!! Kaitlyn's soup made her sweat to death at lunch today, and she can handle a lot! We plan to bring back a jar of that crazy hot stuff Kaitlyn likes so she can add it to her Top Ramen! We will also bring back Chinese money for you to see as well. I miss you all very much and look forward to sharing pictures and more of our experience here. I think the first day I come back we won't do any "school" work and just talk about China!!! Sound good to you?! I know you cannot see the still-shot photos from the school computers, but you can on your parents computer at home. Ask Mrs. Barter to give you our blog address. I cannot access "photobucket" to make slideshows, but have asked my sister-in-law to try and load them from Arizona for me. Hopefully it will work soon!! Funny fact: Did you know toddlers don't wear diapers here!? They wear pants with a big slit in them and they just open the slit wide and go to the bathroom without taking their pants off! Crazy-funny huh?! I will try to get a picture if I can!

Today, we went to a famous museum. (We only had a heart attack several times as we drove there!! Holy smokes! It is totally insane the way they drive here! The is no stopping for pedestrians and they just cross the street in front of traffic weaving in and out. The drivers don't pay too much attention to lanes-I thought we were going to have a head on collision several times and they like to tailgate about 12 inches behind other vehicles!! Crossing the street is like the video game, "frogger"!!! ) The museum had dinosaur bones and replicas, pottery, Chinese artifacts, etc. It was really interesting, but Kaitlyn got bored and tired of walking. Then we went to the famous waterwheel park and Austin and Kaitlyn got to float on a raft on the Yellow River... which actually looks more like Brown River! LOL! We ate lunch at Pizza Mira - the pizza was really good (and I don't really like pizza too much). Kaitlyn had a bowl of spicy noodles and all kinds of "other" things in it! She eats like a horse! :) Eric & Lorraine: We haven't been able to find scorpion or starfish on a stick to try, but we're still open to it!

Kaitlyn slept in the other room on her own bed last night and stayed there the whole night! Praise God! I got a full 8 hours of sleep last night which was beautiful. I was so tired, I actually fell asleep at the computer waiting for pictures to load! Tim saw me all hunched over the desk and called me to lay down. Who knows how long I was like that - there aren't clocks in the room! I slept great, dispite our bed that's like sleeping on a box spring without a mattress... try it at home, and you'll get a small taste of what Chinese beds are like. They say the harder, the better quality. We're in a "quality" hotel! LOL!! We finally got smart and asked for two extra comforters to sleep on top of!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are CLEARLY at a place with FAR more stuff to do than where we were! (park, zoo, museum, river raft!!) I am so glad for you! Not sure if I would feel good on the sheepskin raft!

I am cracking up at the driving and the beds!! BOTH are SO unbelievable. My back was a mess by the close of our trip! How about your girl sleeping in her own bed? Now THAT's a big praise!!!

All the spicey stuff for such a petite little girl?? Huh. It's a hoot!

The Lord bless ya'll.
Our love,
Coleen

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having an amazing time and you have all bonded so well! I love reading about what is happening and it brings tears to my eyes that your dreams have finally come true!

~Kara

Anonymous said...

Hi, I finally had the time to go through your blog. How lucky are you to have such a wonderful experience. I cannot wait to meet the new member of your family. All my love to you. Natalie

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs.Christains,

Talking about china all day sounds good to me!

-Savannah