Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's Official... She's Ours!!

"jvu;wrm,.asd sftuieesnponhyfgd adj". Those are Kaitlyn's words saying hi to everyone! She loves pushing the keys on the computer!

Today we went to get our family photo done and then off to the Civil Affairs Office to sign the offical adoption paperwork! It was much easier than we expected! Everyone was so nice and really took their time with Kaitlyn as she had to write in Chinese how she wanted to be adopted by us and wanted to come to America. She was all smiles and giggles... especially when she got to make her handprint on the official documents! When we left, I was overcome with emotion and got all choked up as we walked out the doors to the bus. I was telling my friend Susan this in the elevator back at the hotel and the tears started to well up again! I just can't believe this is finally it! After such a long wait - our family is complete! The joy is overwhelming! She is doing incredibly well! I thank God constantly for His blessings upon Kaitlyn. She seems so happy and thrilled to have us as her family!

She arrived with a sore throat and we were able to buy both "Western" medicine in the form of capsuls and Chinese medicine she drinks mixed in warm water. She swallows pills no problem and she likes the green, smelly powder mixed in water. It seems to be already helping her. Chinese kids are not used to drinking anything cold. They like warm water and warm milk. I guess she told our guides our water is too cold. Now we heat everything up and she loves it!

We went shopping at the mall today as well. What an adventure!!! We get many stares from everyone. They seem amazed that we have blonde hair and three children... especially one Chinese child! She literally dragged me to the stuffed animals, then the pretty clothes and toys. We got her a pair of jeans - she is much smaller than we thought. She looks about the same size as some of my third grade girls... maybe even second grade. She calls us Ma Ma and Ba Ba all the time and it's just music to our ears! Tim was even the first one to get a kiss from her! It was so sweet... it was a touching moment as she started giving kisses to Tim first, then me, then Kailey and Austin. :)

Her night time routine cracks me up! She pulls my arm to the bathroom and points to the bathtub. She wants me to give her a bath, then she dries off and gets dressed in the bathtub. She smiles and giggles the whole time! Then she wants me to comb her hair and carry her out of the bathroom. It must of been her routine in her foster home... oh, did I mention that earlier?! She has been in a foster home for the last 3 years and was only returned to the orphanage 10 days before we got her. I'm glad she had the experience in a home. They said it was a kind home. She's known for about a month that she was being adopted. I'm being fed potato chips by her as I type! Too funny! Tim is being a total ham with her! She's VERY ticklish!

She sleeps between Tim and I and is a total wiggle-box. Can I just say Ambien?! When she settles, she is very cuddly. She laid on my chest and flopped her leg over mine. At other times she like her head right next to mine. Again, we're so thankful she is this comfortable with us so fast - it's truly amazing.

9 comments:

Coral Christine said...

I am so glad she is happy with you!
I hope you guys are having fun and i cant wait to see love you lots!

All 4 Christ Coral

Christie Darago said...

Sounds like God just prepared everything perfectly ahead of time. We can't wait to meet her!

Erik and Lorraine said...

Oh, how wonderful! I have tears of joy for you all. Sounds like a fun day!
Love...Lorraine

Dave said...

Wow... amazing. thank you so much for sharing your experience.

drea said...

Another touching day. It is so sweet to see her happy face. She seems like such a joy. You all are so blessed.
I stayed up late and checked your blog, its like I can't wait until you post again. I told Bry, it's 6:30 am, they should be up by now posting. Ha Ha.

Love you lots,

Anonymous said...

Tanya,(and family) The school computer wouldn't let me open the pictures for the past two days and I was dying over here. Reading your daily diary was driving me crazy without pictures. I finally got smart and forwarded your blog to AOL at home. OMG!!!! How fun are you all having!!!??? I just well up looking at the expressions on everyone's face, especially Kaitlyn's. Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us all in the loop. I look forward to reading about your trip journey every day. BTW, Janet chaired Leadership today. You were missed! Keep the pictures and the story coming. (and the camera charged!) LOL, Karen

Chris & Becky said...

Hey you guys,

We are all very happy for you and pray for a safe "journey" home. Enjoy the rest of your exciting time in China. God Bless ALL of you and "Bienvenidos" to you Kaitlyn.

The McIntyre Family said...

That is so cool!!! We are very happy for you guys. It's beautiful how Kaitlyn is so comfortable with you guys. God is Good. Please keep posting pictures and stories. Every morning Sean doesn't want to wake up, then we ask him if he wants to check your blog, and he jumps out of bed.

Terry Tipton said...

I am so happy for you. May God bless your bigger and better family.

Terry Tipton