Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 3 Leaving Beijing

Sorry for the late post! It is almost midnight and we had major technical difficulties with the wireless connection tonight.... Where is Scott Harris when I need him! LOL! Anyhow, we are very tired and tomorrow is the BIG day, so I will make this short and sweet!

We traveled to Lanzhou City, Gansu today. Nothing too eventful on the flight and the 1 hour bus ride to our hotel... other than the fact we thought many times our bus driver was going to hit another vehicle or a person...or worse, get us killed!! Busses and cars do not stop for people or other cars crossing the street! AHHHH! They just lay on the horn and hope everyone else moves out of the way! Crazy! We had to upgrade our hotel room here because it couldn't sleep 5 people. Its very nice and comfortable.

It was dark when we got here, so we couldn't see a whole lot. However, we could tell this is a much more rural providence - lots of run down buildings mixed in with the tall sky scrapers. The outskirts of town are mountianous and farm/desert like.

We get to meet Kaitlyn tomorrow at 3:00pm China time! We all have butterflies (Kailey has it the worst), but I'm surprisingly calm. Must be everyone's prayers! Tomorrow might be another story! :) Well, I'm off to bed after I download a few pics of our hotel in Beijing and our travel to Gansu. Please pray for Kaitlyn today (your Monday) and if you happen to be awake at midnight - one o'clock in the morning, that's when we will actually meet her. Goodnight everyone!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here I am crying again after reading your entry. I am so excited for all of you and for Kaitlyn! I can't believe you will finally get to meet her in mere hours from now. We will continue to pray for each of you as you meet and adjust to becoming a family. I hope, despite the language barrier, that she learns quickly how much she is loved and wanted. We can't wait to meet her! Love, Audrey

Erik and Lorraine said...

Wow! This is it. The day you have waited 2 1/2 years for. I can not wait to see pics! We are praying for all of you!
Love ya!
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

I am so enjoying your blog and your incredible journey please know I pray for you and your family daily. My best to you all.
Tracy Anderson

drea said...

Tim and Tanya,
It is about 3:30 in the morning for you and I wondering if you are sleeping well. We are so....excited for you and Kaitlyn, it has been a long wait, but God is good all the time. We are praying for you and know that the meeting with your daughter will be sweet, even with all the nerves. I remember well, those buterflies in our stomach.
Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you: were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. Psalm 40:5
Know that you are loved, and well prayed for by many. We will be waiting for the introduction of Kaitlyn Ying.
xoxoxo

Sharon said...

We were in Lanzhou last March/April, can't wait to see kaitlyn with you tomorrow! Praying for all of you!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Just a few hours now. We are sure that Kaitlyn is just as excited as you are. Well, we can't wait to see her (and all of you too). Thanks for passing on your day to day experiences. Now we must go to the store and buy some boxes of kleenex. God bless you all. Mom and DAD

Anonymous said...

Tanya, Just one quick comment. I can't blieve you ran out out of batteries in your camera!!! YIKES! I hope I don't have to remind nyou to have full power today. It's too important to just have video. Miss you. Thinking of you and praying too. It looks like you're having a fantastic time. Karen

Anonymous said...

As I sit here and read I am so filled with emotions for you; I can't even image how you and the family are doing. I wish and pray for all the best for Kaitlyn and yourselves-she is entering into so much LOVE, and that is the best thing about love it's universal and is a language of its' own. We love all the pics and exciting stories and moments but we are so excited to hear and see the pics of you guys as one WHOLE FAMILY!!! Your day is finally here. Praying for all of you, God Bless, Alyssa

Jenn said...

We were in Lanzhou to get our little one in March/April. It is a "different" town:) Can't wait to see yal united with your daughter. Be sure to ask your guide for pizza, there is a great place (Pizzamira) not too far from the hotel. It is not home style pizza but it is good after nothing but Chinese:)
Praying for her transition, may it be an easy one, may she reognize yal as the family thata has grown to love her without knowing her. May she grow to love you just he same in the days ahead.

<><
Jenn

Anonymous said...

we're having so much fun following along with you on your journey through this blog. I can't imagine what you all are going through. About 2 and a half hours from now you will be united with Kaitlyn. Know we are and have been praying for you. Very exciting time!!
Phil

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read your blog tomorrow. We are all praying for you and your family daily. We miss you!

Mary B.