Saturday, September 20, 2008

Just Hanging Out Today...

We were on our own today without our guides. We walked around outside and got many stares and people talking about us. We have no idea what they were saying, but some seem to be friendly if we said hello first. We crossed a large intersection and thought we'd be okay if we followed the crowd... uh, NO! Cars don't stop for pedestrains until they are two inches from you!

We came across some entertainers and watched a show for a few minutes. Kaitlyn seemed to like this until she got too hot... time to go! I got a few pictures of the city around our hotel. Some of it was sad to see. A homeless boy/man crying, laying on the sidewalk and many run down buildings and people begging us for money. Parts of the city are in such poverty, and other parts seem okay. I think it's been an eye opener for Austin & Kailey.

Kaitlyn has been complaining about her tooth hurting her. "Tong" is pain in Chinese. It's loose and looks like it has a pretty bad cavity. We called our guide and he is taking Kaitlyn and I to a Chinese Clinic tomorrow morning to have it checked out. I hope it is sterile!! This should be interesting!

Eating at the hotel is always hysterical! Our joke is... How many Chinese staff does it take to figure out what we want to order?! They all gather around the menu after we try to explain what we want. Sometimes the electronic translator translates accurately, sometimes not. Austin asked for a Sprite and got Orange Juice!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. I am crying my eyes out... the slide shows are posted and I just keep going through them! I can't stop!! I am completely undone.

The "My Three Kiddos" says it all. God knew before any of us that Miss Kaitlyn Ying would be the little sister of your family who would be hugged and loved and introduced to the miracle that is a family.

And I know on this side of the experience that from gotcha day forward all of you will be more gentle, more affectionate, more giggly, more patient and more intentional about caring for each other. Our God is Awesome.

Enjoy one another. I am laughing at the Sprite/OJ communication!! What are ya really gonna do but say thanks and drink the orange juice??

I know one thing: Kaitlyn is blessed with the ultimate big bro and big sis - how amazing are you two?

Ya'll keep lovin' on each other and know that we are praying. And for goodness sake, be careful crossing the streets!! Eek! I get shivers at the flashbacks!! Words cannot describe the culture shock, huh?
Love,Coleen

Judi said...

Congratulations on your new daughter! She is beautiful!
A waiting AWAA family

PraisinYahweh said...

Hello there. We have so enjoyed taking this journey digitally with you. We are praying for your family in this, and can see from your faces just how much God has blessed you. We look forward to seeing you when you get back.
The Days

Natasha said...

I am so happy for you! Your new daughter is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her! Love you all! Natasha

Anonymous said...

so your on the plain sweet

THAT panda is going to give her luck



love nicolestenvall