Friday, August 22, 2008

Travel Approval!!

We're coming Kaitlyn!! I was just about to give my students a vocabulary test when my classroom phone rang. I saw "America World" on the caller ID and knew in an instant, this was the call we have been waiting for! The emotion was high and my class sat eagerly starring at me as I was obviously ecstatic about the news I was receiving. Their excited little faces were dying to know the news! All I can say is that I'm so thankful I have a fabulous student teacher that just took over the class while I called my husband and family members with the news!

We are leaving on Thursday, September 11th and will be back the 28th. We will fly into Beijing and stay there for about three days. We will tour Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, and the Great Wall before going to Gansu to meet Kaitlyn Ying for the first time!

Thank you for your continued prayers for us and Kaitlyn. Please pray for our fundraiser on September 5th and the numerous details needing to happen in a short period of time!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We could not be any more excited for you... or for Kaitlyn Ling! We are rejoicing with all of you. She has no idea how loved she already is. Praise God.
Our love,
The Nolans

Monica said...

Tim and Tanya - Congratulations! I saw the news off of Lorraine's blog page. Our thoughts are with you as you travel!

Love,

Monica and all the boys

Kimberly said...

Hi Tanya,

I found your blog thanks to the AWAA "List". Just wondering-- have you heard anything more about CA or travel dates? I'm disappointed we won't go in Sept but praying hard for early October.

Kaitlyn is adorable! I'll be praying for her and your family during this time of waiting.

Kimberly

Sheri - the patient one said...

Hi Tanya

we exchanged emails awhile ago. My husband and I live in Chandler, AZ. That is great news. We met a couple yesterday at our AWAA orientation that are adopting a 12 little girl. I sent your your blog. How exciting!!!

GOD BLESS!

Jenn said...

Congratulations! We returned in April with our Gansu sweetie. We'll be following your journey.
<><
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for your family and for Kaitlyn as she becomes a new member of such a fabulous family! She is certainly blessed to be welcomed by you. Take care and safe travels...we'll see you when you all return! You'll be in our prayers :-)

Reggi and Kiera Wesley

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs.Chirstains,
You are so lucky to go to china!!!You have to promise to bring Kaitlyn in to class!!!Have a great time in china!!


Savannah